Aside from new movelists and changed move properties, these are some of the most noticeable mechanical changes in Remix. There are plenty of aesthetic changes too - play and find out!
- Movement speed is tweaked to be faster for improved footsie game, and more fun!
- Certain animations (super/ultra animations) have been altered or sped up too.
- Certain characters now have chains. Some other characters have restricted specific chains.
- Dash changes
- Most characters can cancel forward dashes into attacks (except Makoto).
- Some characters can cancel backward dash into attacks too!
- Throw tech window is 15 frames with a visual cue for when you can/cannot throw tech.
- New supers added to characters
- Animations have been changed or sped up
- Super motions are now mostly special motion + or
- Supers cost unless otherwise noted
- The Ultra Meter is now only used for Alpha Counters and Charge Cancels (see below)
- Focus Attack is gone (replaced with the Charge)
- Charge Cancels (EX Cancels, Roman Cancels, etc...) are in:
- You can cancel most moves, sometimes even supers.
- You can hold the buttons and build meter, making supers a lot more available.
- Alpha Counters are in:
- Puts both players back in a neutral position.
- Baitable (easily by Charge Cancels)
- Throw vulnerable
- Get-up roll is in:
- KOF-style recovery roll while rising only (allows for quick rise instead)
- Very short invuln period, then goes to counter-hit state
- All medium and heavy normals will always juggle. Light normals will force a reset
- Special moves do not obey this rule
Changes that are still important but may not be immediately obvious.
- Characters turn around on crossup, making crossups possible with any air normal.
- Many aerial light and medium normals have heavy hitstun on block.
- Ground heavy normals cause armor break.
- Characters do not deal stun damage.
- Most charge times have been decreased.
|Charge||Hold + to build meter|
|Charge Cancel||Hold + to build meter|
|Alpha Counter||Also during Block|
|Roll||During the "get up" animation|
|or + /|
|Taunt||Drains a little meter|