Shino is all about neutral and distanced pressure. She comes with combo-starting arrows that track an opponent's position, an armored dive-kick for a well-timed approach, and a number of long normals. With long pokes and a number of tools to cover the field and distance herself from her opponents, she can make it difficult to keep her opponent out. Seeing as she's somewhat slow, and has health lower than most, she very much needs it.
5A: Butt jab. Decent size for jab range. Cancellable. Auto-chains into 5AA - 5AAA. Manually chains into 2A, 3A, 5B, 4B, 2B, and 3B.
- 5AA: Medium follow-up to 5A. Slightly more range. Cancellable. Auto-chains into 5AAA.
- 5AAA: Heavy follow-up to 5A. More range than 5AA with a slight step forward. EX and Super Cancellable.
1A: Low crouching light kick. Short-range. Cancellable. Auto-chains into 2A - 2B. Manually chains into 2A, 3A, 5B, 4B, 2B, and 3B.
2A: Low crouching medium thrust. Long-range. Cancellable. Auto-chains into (ac)2B
- (ac)2b: Low crouching heavy thrust, slightly more than 2A. EX and Super Cancellable.
6A: Stationary wide slash. Sweeps across half the screen from bottom to high above her head. Does not hit directly in front of her. Cancellable. Chains into 3A and 6B.
3A: Overhead slam. Hits high above and in front of her. EX and Super Cancellable.
5B: Heavy spear thrust. Very long range. EX and Super Cancellable.
2B: Low crouching heavy thrust. Knocks down on hit. EX and Super Cancellable.
6B: Forward-dashing heavy slash. Steps forward to deliver a long-range slash. Cancellable.
4B: Upperbutt. A skyward spear butt slap. Special AND Jump-cancellable (on hit).
3B: Flip-kick. Shino flips over her opponent and kicks the on the other side. EX and Super Cancellable.
j.A: Jumping light front kick. Reaches crouching opponents. Fumble Attack. (An overhead, but does not his on the way up). Cancellable.
j.?A: Jumping medium thrust. AA thrust with long-range. Cancellable.
j.B: Jumping heavy thrust. Downward thrust with long-range, but slow start-up. Cancellable.
j.6B: Jumping heavy slash. Cross-up slash with fast start-up. Cancellable.
j.2B Jumping Fast-fall kick. Immediately takes Shino to the ground. Not an Overhead. Hard knockback (wall splat). Counters lows with low invul. EX and Super Cancellable.
(6)C: A chains of attacks that end in a booty-bump.
- Always ends in a blowback wall-splat.
- The further from the wall, the higher the angle.
- Notably low recovery. Able to freely get combos against characters near the wall.
(4)C: Stabs the opponent with her polearm before slamming them behind her in a ground bounce.
- Low enough recovery to combo the opponent in the corner.
236A: Ice Arrow A
- Shino fires an arrow of ice into the sky that rains down onto the opponent.
- On hit, it pulls its opponent in with a slight launch.
- If held down, three arrows are fired in succession.
- Low recovery on start-up allows her to move while they are falling.
- Distance is a short-range in front of her.
- Strong both offensively or defensively.
236B: Ice Arrow B
- This form of ice arrow auto-tracks the opponent's position.
- Start-up is notably slower than the former.
- Recovery is also slower, making set-ups a bit more difficult.
236C: EX Ice Arrows
- Without charging fires five arrows in front of her in succession.
- Lowest recovery frames of all three. Not possible to move with arrows before they land, but can after two have.
214A: North Pole A
- A cold thrust that performs five hits.
- Very long range.
- Slow start-up.
- Low block stun
214A: North Pole B
- AA version of the attack that occurs in an upward, diagonal direction.
- Completely whiffs on standing opponents.
214C: EX North Pole
- Thrusts with a chain of crawling ice.
- Much faster start-up than the previous two versions.
- Launches on hit.
- Most blockstun of the three versions as well.
- Notable combo tool.
623A: Polearm Spin A
- Shino steps forward and spins her spear in front of her, launcher the opponent.
- Large hitbox in front and above her.
- Long recovery.
623B: Polearm Spin B
- Rekka version of the above.
- First attack is stationary.
- Least range.
- Second attack moves her forward.
- More range.
- Much less safe than the above.
- The third hit blows the opponent back.
- If connected on block, it distances Shino and the opponent slightly.
623C: EX Polearm Spin
- Can now perform four Rekkas.
- Uses the first two animations of B, with the third being A's without knocking down.
- The 4th hit is a rising spin that takes her and the opponent to the air before landing.
- Prime combo tool.
j.214A: Crystal Dive
- Shino rises slightly and tackles the opponent from the air.
- Angle varies by button strength.
- A having less travel distance, B having further travel distance.
- Launches on hit.
- Contains Super Armor on start-up.
- Can cross-up.
- Safe on block.
j.214C: EX Crystal Dive
- The start-up of the attack now has hit-boxes.
- Launches high into the air on hit.
- Much less safe on block.
236236A: Rush Super
- Starts Perfect Invul, becomes Strike Invul, ends Projectile Invul.
- Ends with the opponent across the stage from her position.
- Travels nearly full-screen.
236236B: Awakening Art
- Performs a stationary spin that sucks the opponent in for three seconds.
- Is entirely unblockable.
- Completely Invulnerable for the entire animation.
- The least damage of all Awakening attacks, but potentially the most difficult to avoid.